The Izzie Fund will issue gifts to applicants who meet the eligibility requirements that are align to the organization’s mission, vision, and purpose. The grant issuance selections will be determined by the Board of Directors after receipt and appropriate vetting of required and supplemental documentation from the requestor (i.e., an application and supporting documents). The process of issuing grants will be performed for family pets within the greater Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania region.
The Izzie Fund exists to provides financial assistance to family owned pets in need of specialty veterinary care to those unable to afford the full cost of the recommended treatment plan. We are here to help with medical conditions that are above and beyond basic and general veterinarian care. We are here to help when there are tough decisions to be made due to lack of financial resources.
We are a small organization with limited funding and we are unable to help every applicant (even though we would love to)!
Important – please review the below guidelines before applying.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a one time grant up to $2000.00 per pet, per household, per lifetime.
- The Izzie Fund grant is to be used for future medical costs. It is not to be used for previous expenses.
- Grants (in any amount) are for “Specialty Veterinarian Care” only. This includes:
- All payments are made directly to the treating veterinarian and/or facility. We do not gift directly to individuals.
- We are unable to help your pet with General Veterinarian Care (including care that is a result of an injury) or if he/she is in need of Critical, Urgent or Emergency Care.
- We are unable to guarantee that funding will be available to you. Please research and exhaust all other options before applying.
- Although requests will be reviewed in a timely manner, please do not delay medical care if your pet requires it immediately.
- Please be aware that we will require personal financial information from you to make a decision.
- This may include proof of income, proof of hardship, tax filings, list of additional resources you have sought etc.
Please complete the below form to request Financial assistance.
As part of our process, you will complete a more detailed application and be required to submit supporting documentation.
Our commitment is to treat all applicants with fairness, dignity and communicate within a timely manner.